Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Round 4 is Cordell Volson-O Line Blocker
(04-30-2022, 03:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What I take away from all the OL acquisitions so far this offseason - This team is planning to run the ball more.
Collins, Cappa, and Karras are more maulers than what the Bengals had last year.
Add Volson to that mix.

I also am starting to think they won't do as much wide zone in the run game this year, as all the OL added this offseason aren't quite as athletic to fit that scheme as well.

We'll see.

I think you are right. I’ve been hammering on here that Mixon is going to have an enormous year if he stays healthy. Teams ( including us) are playing more rush 3 drop 8 and 3 safety looks. The staff knows that to be successful they need to eliminate the expected constant double coverage of Chase. I actually think Boyd and Mixon will have big years next year.

Part of getting ready for the next season is self scouting and anticipation how teams adjust to you. Cincy snuck up on folks this past year to a degree. I think you are dead right on running the football. I see less dependence on TE (run game)and RB (pass game) having to stay and block all the time. If we can run the ball on first down this offense changes dramatically. We were forced to be predictable. Geez we were awful. It resulted in way too many third and 8’s. Also if we can run the ball out of 10 personnel ( Hawk in the slot) and often shift to 10 personnel with Mixon we are going to be brutal to defend. They aren’t double covering Chase then. Just some thoughts.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Round 4 is Cordell Volson-O Line Blocker - Soonerpeace - 04-30-2022, 03:34 PM