Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Round 4 is Cordell Volson-O Line Blocker
(05-02-2022, 08:48 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh no I didn't mean to imply you want to see him fail. It's just that there seems to be some on here who have an ax to grind with him.

And I don't want Spain to be a starter. It's just that I'm not real thrilled with our depth. Most of them are young and unproven.

Bottom line I just don't want to see Joe getting blasted again.

Exactly.  And I agree about the Ax to grind.  I know he was far from a Pro Bowler, and probably short of what folks expected from a 2nd round selection, but he didn't allow a single sack and only 4 QB hits the entire season (462 snaps).  He graded out poorly largely due to an excess of penalties and 13 pressures.  He was actually pretty solid as a run blocker for a 21 year old rookie.  

I think his slow start was attributed to the back surgery that he put off his senior season to try and win a National Championship.  That impaired his ability to be in shape at the start of the season and everything just went down from there.  The guy did stay late almost every practice to work on his technique and conditioning.  

I don't know what to make of this allegation from when he was 18, and I hope to God it isn't true, but it sure is a bad look for a guy that already has minimal supporters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Round 4 is Cordell Volson-O Line Blocker - SHRacerX - 05-03-2022, 07:12 AM