Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Round 4 is Cordell Volson-O Line Blocker
(05-03-2022, 05:36 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: I’ve seen 6’7 and 6’6 listed, I think he’s closer to 6’6 if I remember his coming measurements correctly. Pad level and bend can compensate for that. Cappa is the same height and has been a very solid guard and is still ascending.

Good point on Cappa, as long as these tall Guards have bend and good technique they can be just fine.

Also helps that Burrow is 6'4".

(05-03-2022, 10:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ve been watching clips of this dude, and I’m really liking what I’m seeing. Hopefully between him and D’Ante Smith (who I’m also high on) at least one of them pans out.

Same here, really like both of these guys a lot as D'Ante came around before the injury much better than I thought as a Guard.

Wasn't expecting D'Ante to be that good at Guard that early. I thought he would be a future OT down the road but he was too 
raw to expect any good out of him for a year or two. He worked his butt off last year before Preseason and impressed me.

D'Ante once again has been working his ass off this Offseason already from the vid I saw.

(05-04-2022, 01:04 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I lot of people were talking about D'Ante Smith in the preseason, but have been pretty silent on him since then. I'd like to think between him, Carman and Volson someone can shore up that LG spot. I'm still very much in favor of Spain coming back not only to compete for the LG spot, but bare minimum backup all the other spots outside of C, which he is more than capable of doing.

Kind of goes that way when a guy has a season ending injury before the season starts...

(05-04-2022, 02:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think Spain is coming back. Would have already happened. And now they even gave out his #.

Thinking the same, too bad. I liked Spain but that effort on the last play of the SB might of kept him from coming back here.

Even if he was injured there was no excuse to not at least get in front of AD.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Round 4 is Cordell Volson-O Line Blocker - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-05-2022, 12:14 PM