Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was
(05-07-2022, 01:11 PM)Stewy Wrote: I can't believe this argument is still going on.

The state of the locker room is not black and white, as some pretend the discussion to be.

The way I see it, it is a combination of player buy in, moving on from players not buying in (from the old regime), and winning. While they say winning cures everything, that is to singular. It is a combination of like minds (high motor guys who love football (per Duke Tobin)), success (DUH!) and buy in to the system (listen to Hilton interview).

I’ll sum it up succinctly. Taylor had a plan and focus to bring in players that loved to ball and high character guys from winning teams. They had to be good players foremost. They meshed with top talents like Burrow, Chase, and Higgins. The formula resulted in a team w/o playoff experience making it to the Super Bowl. Those thinking that talent alone spurred this are wrong. Those thinking culture alone spurred this are wrong as well.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was - Soonerpeace - 05-07-2022, 01:29 PM