Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was
(05-07-2022, 03:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because some people still care about truth.

It is kind of like when Joe first arrived and many fans were claiming that he did not need a good o-line because he was so good at avoiding pressure and that he did not need great receivers because he could "throw them open".  When I claimed Burrow did need a good line and receivers I was accused of "attacking him".

When our top talented players start asking for lots of money to stay with the Bengals the same fans will be saying "Zac does not need these expensive players to win because he has 'built a culture'."

The truth matters.

That is a HUGE leap from what everyone has been saying.  There is no "truth" there, only a massive leap in what you perceive would happen. 

And I seriously doubt any fans on here said that Joe "didn't need" a good o-line or great receivers, only PERHAPS that he may be able to do more to avoid a rush than many QBs, and with his vision and patience PERHAPS he doesn't need the best weapons.  I think everyone wanted him to have a better line (so he would have more time for guys to get open) and a vertical threat to open up everything underneath.  The roster was largely possession receivers that lacked the ability to separate quickly (though Tee really impressed despite his size and testing).

You are just looking at what others are saying about culture as an absolute and nothing else matters when I think everyone is just trying to discuss that it is there.  It is palpable.  It doesn't mean you don't need talent of hard work, but it is there and it matters.  

Are you proud of me, everyone?  I made it through that entire post without making a single "You can't handle the truth" metaphor.  Oops.  Oh, well.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was - SHRacerX - 05-08-2022, 07:50 AM