Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was
(05-12-2022, 05:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course he deserved to be demoted based on how he was playing. 

I disagree  he was more productive than the players he was benched behind and the defense got worse when he left.

(05-12-2022, 05:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now that I've plainly answered my view on Carlos' demotion; why do you think he was demoted?

According to Carlos' father the defensive coaches wanted to move Dunlap after the '19 season, but the front office would not do it.  The coaches wanted to make a pint to the front office so they benched him.

If this is true then the question is "When did Carlos find out the coaches wanted him gone?".  If he knew all along then he might have been difficult all along. 

BTW have you all forgotten how it felt watching from home as the Browns offense completely embarrass Lou's defense the second half of Dunlap's last game?  Cleveland had 4 possessions in the second half and 4 td drives of 75+ yards.  The last one was 75 yards in 55 seconds for the come-from-behind game-winning td with 11 seconds left.  Baker Mayfield was 17-18 for 248 yards and 4 tds with ZERO sacks. If it hurt you watching from home imagine how it felt to Los standing on the sideline watching scrubs like Amani Bledsoe, Khalid Kareem, and Margus Hunt play 67 snaps while he got 12.  

At that point Taylor's record was 3-19-1.  And that was after 3 straight losing seasons under Marvin.  I can understand why Dunlap snapped.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was - fredtoast - 05-13-2022, 08:40 PM