Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Executives on the draft from The Athletic
(05-08-2022, 10:20 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Baltimore has like 2 guys to throw to. There will be a lot of drives that are all run plays. If abatement can’t stay healthy there won’t be a play action passing game for them.

They’re a good team but honestly I don’t know how they can force teams to honor there receivers and zero blitz Jackson all the time.

I'm sure not upset about it at all, but I really wonder what the hell they are doing when they are still in limbo with respect to Lamar Jackson's contract extension.  As every Raven fan likes to point out, he is younger than Joe Burrow, and has great athleticism, but not helping him from a deep threat standpoint was mystifying.  

You can say that isn't their offense, but allowing safeties to sit in the box with no vertical threat makes it that much easier to defend them.  Not sure what veteran WRs out there are speed merchants, but they are certainly not in a better position offensively just because they are getting some running backs back from injury.  

It's so odd.  Cleveland is a complete mystery with what is going on at the QB position.  The steelers sent the pig to the slaughterhouse, and have a solid backup in Trubisky (who is going to likely be their starter) and a guy they wish to develop that they drafted in the first round.  FWIW, I am so glad they didn't draft Ritter.  Love that kid.  Would hate to have to hate him.  Then, the Ravens.   A team that got destroyed by Burrow and the boys when their defense was pretty healthy.  I guess we do have to fear the ominous "red dot" as portrayed by Fart Scott.  

Bengals went 4-2 in the AFC North with both losses coming against Cleveland.  Of course, the second loss was against our backups, but still. 

They could go 5-1 this year, or even 6-0 if the Browns continue to implode.  Pretty good chance they could open the season against the Browns, in Cleveland.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Executives on the draft from The Athletic - SHRacerX - 05-09-2022, 08:27 AM