Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Executives on the draft from The Athletic
(05-09-2022, 10:47 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I love this argument like it somehow matters. Who cares who is younger at this point? They are both 25. It really doesn't matter what age they came into the league - currently they are the same age. 

You can argue Burrow has accomplished more so far in his career, too. Sure Lamar has the MVP, but Burrow has the AFC Championship and SB appearance. 

Yeah, it wasn't like Joe was getting snaps all that time, either.  He was patiently waiting his turn that never came due to a broken hand (at OSU) and then he transferred to LSU and the rest is history.

I don't mean to sound disrespectful to Jackson, as he is a hell of an athlete.  Somehow, despite rushing for 1000 yards two years ago (and he was on pace to reach that again last year) he doesn't seem to take a lot of shots.  I do believe the few hits he has taken have started to take their toll, however, and a run-first QB just doesn't seem like a recipe for success in this league.  Sure, he is a nightmare on 3rd and 5 with his ability to rush and move the chains, but I think the way teams have adjusted have taken away their deep shots and forced him to grind it out on drives.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Executives on the draft from The Athletic - SHRacerX - 05-10-2022, 07:50 AM