Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TE to watch for 2024 draft - Brock Bowers, Georgia
(06-06-2022, 03:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It would be stupid of him not to come out.

He'll easily be the be best tight end coming out and another year in school would only be risking injury.

He'd be a hero around here! 

Bring Michael home! He's a great kid and I'd love for him to win multiple titles with Burrow!

Agree, Mayer would make our Offense unstoppable.Twitch

(06-08-2022, 12:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm a bit surprised Laporta didn't enter the 2022 draft.
He put up 53 rec for 670 yards and 3 TDs last season.
He's already the requisite size at 6'4", 249 lbs.

It was a weak TE draft class, so I think he would have gone probably Rd 2.
Past successful TEs from Iowa also help give confidence in Laporta - Kittle, Hockenson, Fant.
Here's a good read on "TE U" - https://hawkfanatic.com/2021/10/05/iowas-rise-to-tight-end-u-started-four-decades-ago-under-hayden-fry/

Awesome, maybe Laporta just wanted to finish college first, some smart dudes are like that.

Plus maybe he thinks he can do a lot more then that production wise. He is very talented like all the guys you mention. 3 TD's
isn't much. I am sure he wants to put up at least 5 or so this next season. Prove that he is a RZ threat, that is what we need.

Hopefully Hurst is the answer, could be, dude looks buff out there and gelling with Burrow already.

Fry is a great TE coach at Iowa BTW
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: TE to watch for 2024 draft - Brock Bowers, Georgia - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-09-2022, 01:14 PM