Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY Old Man's Brain Is Deteriorating
(06-29-2022, 08:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Here's the deal. There is nothing wrong with your Father. Brad, and I am not attacking you and am trying to be nice, you post things about your life here, and then get mad at people who give advice, or their take on things, and then say things like "Well if you KNEW me or KNEW my Dad...." Well, we don't. Probably very few people on this board know you. Probably no one knows your Dad. You jumped all over Fred (Dammit man, you're making me defend Fred) for saying you were paralyzed yesterday or the day before. Heck, I thought you WERE paralyzed, hence why you're in a chair. My mistake, but how would I know, I know nothing about your injury? So, my take on this situation, without knowing you or your Dad, is that he is just like any other father during this F'ed up economy, he's worried about the increased cost of living. And, being the father of a disabled child, I can guarantee you, even without knowing him, he is worried about what will happen to you when he's gone. So he's evidently discussed money with you before, then he gets a text out of nowhere that you're buying round after round of drinks at the Country Club. I don't know what club your family belongs to, but I'm guessing drinks there aren't 2 for 1. Personally, I'd be pissed too. And the whole thing about him getting mad, then saying don't worry about it is perfectly normal. Anything ever piss you off then later it's not that important and you feel bad for the way you responded? I do that all the time. Your Dad is not losing it, he's being a Dad. You might give the man a break. And trust me, I've had several family member suffer from dementia. Getting mad at you for blowing money (whether you were or not is irrelevant, he was told you were) is not a symptom of dementia.

I can't believe you're even trying to defend Fred. I would go before a jury against him about that with no attorney and I would destroy him.

He only said that I was paralyzed because he got caught being an ahole about the vaccine and another member called him out on it (the other member called him an asshole, not me).

Why would you think I'm in a chair? I've always said it was because I have a traumatic brain injury, so why would you think otherwise? If you just saw me out and didn't know my story, I might understand you thinking I'm paralyzed, but why would you think that here when I have never said I was paralyzed?

Like I said, the rest of my family agrees with me and even said that I should start putting it on my brother or sister's account and then my mom would pay them.

My brother is VERY well off and so is my brother-in-law, so there is no risk of me ever running out of money when he's gone.

Even if they weren't well-off, I have a trust fund from a settlement that not many people know about with a lot of money, so I'm taken care of for the rest of my life.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MY Old Man's Brain Is Deteriorating - BFritz21 - 06-29-2022, 09:07 AM