Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancer Study Leaves EVERY PATIENT CANCER-FREE!
(06-08-2022, 02:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This is remarkable. I have lost several immediate family members to cancer. Yet, one thing confuses me and the article didn't elaborate on it, but if the treatment helps the immune system kill the cancer, then why kill the immune system afterwards with radiation and chemo? I'm not an expert on cancer or even considered beneficially ignorant on the matter, but it seems like a legit question. Seems like removing the cancer through surgery is a safer option.

I thought the same thing when I first was reading it, but then I saw this part: 

Quote:Those who took the drug, which “unmasks cancer cells, allowing the immune system to identify and destroy them,” according to the Times, did not have to move on to further cancer treatments.

All the patients “had a clinical complete response, with no evidence of tumor on magnetic resonance imaging,” the paper explained. “At the time of this report, no patients had received chemoradiotherapy or undergone surgery, and no cases of progression or recurrence had been reported during follow-up (range, 6 to 25 months). No adverse events of grade 3 or higher have been reported.”

I don't know if that meant that they were expecting to need further treatments and they just didn't end up needing them or what.

My mom had a cancer that was removed with surgery but, other than that, I don't know of anyone in my family (up to 2nd or 3rd cousins) that has had cancer, so fingers crossed that I'll be ok. My mom's was minor and might not have even been cancer because I was very young and I just remember something happening where she couldn't have more children.

I hope it skips you or that they get these cures going for more types of cancer!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cancer Study Leaves EVERY PATIENT CANCER-FREE! - BFritz21 - 06-08-2022, 02:41 PM