Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon To Be More Involved In The Passing Game?!
(06-22-2022, 03:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Two points.

1. If you want Nixon to play more on third down then you need to sit him more on 1st and 2nd down. So the back up should determine when Nixon gets a break. If the back up is closer to Mixon in third down situations then sub him out then. If the back ups ate closer to Nixon's level in running situations then sub him our then.

2. Over his last 6 games Mixon had 31 receptions. That is a pace for 88 over a 17 game schedule. So I am going to say we have already seen Nixon's increased involvement in the passing game.

Mixon needs a rest. It’s called wear and tear. Gio was fantastic at pass blocking. There’s your answer. Mixon needs a rest. Perine is extremely strong (pass pro) and better on short yardage ( Mixon gives up to early). There’s the answer. I’ve said 100 times similar to you Fred. This was a very succinct post by you. Evans is not going to take Perine’s place. If Evans is going to play more he needs to play more series in place of Mixon and Mixon take Perine’s place on every third down and still take the majority of series.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon To Be More Involved In The Passing Game?! - Soonerpeace - 06-22-2022, 03:43 PM