Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Package Votto with Castillo
(07-16-2022, 08:51 PM)samhain Wrote: No.

The Reds have stated that they are aligning payroll with resources and building through the farm system.  Bailing contracts will decrease the prospect return.  it's a shit way to build for the future.  After next year, Joey is off the books.  Just gut it out and thank him for his services.  If anyone really thinks they're going to go on a spending spree after dumping his salary, they're not paying attention.

Castillo is an extremely valuable asset to a contending team.  You make someone pay up in prospects for his services.  Bolster the farm system and hope to have a strong major league roster in a couple of years.

As for the Yankees, if they don't start trade conversations by offering Volpe or Peraza, then hang up the phone and move on.

I agree that if the Reds could dump Votto 25 Mil contract, do NOT go on a spending spree.  

Especially since the Reds Brain Thrust is also spending 16 Mil on The Moose and 10 Mil on Mike Minor.  The Reds are not very smart on their spending sprees. 

If they could dump Votto as guyofthetiger suggested n a package deal, The Reds should put the money in the bank for later.  No spending spree.  This way the Reds start getting smart like a small market team has to in Money Ball.  Often people will tell me Cincinnati is not small market, but they are wrong.  Cincinnati is very small market in modern day baseball.  Not in NFL football thanks to TV Revenue Sharing of the teams equally, but in baseball where it is the rich Big City Teams and the not so rich Small City Teams and MLB doesn't even try to have a competitive balance.  

However you are probably correct that Votto of 25 Mil will be here in 2023, and don't rule out 2024 at 7 Mil.  

Still, I like Guyofthetiger idea on this.  If a team really wants Castillo who Reds are shopping, then make them take Votto also.   I would add if not Votto, how about The Moose and his 16 Mil because I don't think The Moose has a No Trade Contract.  I don't like trading Castillo, but if they do, at least package in Vottos 25 mil OR  The Moose 16 mil.   Then put the saved money In The Bank. No spending spree.  

PS : Looking at these contracts, the Reds need a new GM that is more with it on Small Market Money Ball.  The GM putting out 10 mil for Mike Minor will have the Reds in Last Place always.  25 mil to Votto.  16 mil to Moose.  10 mil to Mike Minor.  Add that up and it equals Last Place and Fire The GM.  51 Million going to 3 players we all knew we not going to do anything in 2022. The Reds are in LAST because they let good players go and keep stiffs like this at high payroll. The Reds GM has completely no idea how to put together a Small Market Money Ball Team. If they were dumping payroll, then why bring in Mike Minor at 10 mil. This GM deserves LAST PLACE Now Mike Minor is not on contract to be here in 2023, but Votto and Moose are at 41 mil, and why Reds should be forcing a team to take one of them if they want Castillo.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - kevin - 07-16-2022, 01:27 PM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - kevin - 07-17-2022, 01:04 AM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - kevin - 07-17-2022, 06:22 AM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - samhain - 07-16-2022, 08:51 PM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - kevin - 07-17-2022, 01:41 AM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - samhain - 07-20-2022, 06:23 PM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - samhain - 07-17-2022, 09:33 PM