Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Package Votto with Castillo
(07-17-2022, 01:41 AM)cinci4life Wrote: We already got an idea what the Reds wanted from the Yankees before the season started when they tried to get Castillo then. Reds wanted Gleyber Torres and more and the Yankees said no. Reds are not going to get nothing back for Castillo even if Votto (and there's almost no chance it happens) is added.

Which is why I'm against all those wanting us to trade Castillo or Drury.  The interested teams are offering nothing in return.   So the idea is not to add Votto in hopes of getting more in the trade.  If they trade Castillo, they should make the team pick up either the Votto contract or the Moose contract.  Reds still get nothing in return for Castillo, but dumping either the Votto 25 mil or the Moose 16 mil is a financial WIN for the Reds.  

I don't see why this is so hard to comprehend.  The Reds are going to be in Last with or without Votto or Moose who have seen better days.  I wouldn't trade Castillo myself.  However if they are going to trade Castillo getting little in return, make a team like The Yankees also take Votto or Moose. .....Don't think in terms of names, forget they have names......Make The Yankees take either 25 mil or 16 mil off The Reds payroll.....I think to get Castillo, The Yankees do it.  They need a Castillo to WIN the World Series.  The Yanks have some pitching, but not enough, and they know Castillo puts them in good shape to Win World Series, which is something Yankees like to do. 

So this isn't about who was offered in Spring or who the Reds can get in return, or setting up a spending spree.   This is about a huge Payroll Dump.  If Reds are going to just give Castillo to Yankees for nothing, make the Yankees take one of these other stiffs  and Reds can put either 25 mil or 16 mil Back In The Bank.  By not having to pay Votto or Moose, the Reds make 25 or 16 Million to put in the Bank right there, and The Reds could use the Money.  Not for buying players.  Attendance and everything is so down, The Reds could use The Money to Put In The Bank. 

People have to think in terms of business, not baseball.  If you want Castillo, you have to take one of these other big contracts.  It's not personal Sonny, this is business, as they say in The Godfather.  If the Yankees want Castillo, open up their deep pockets and take one of these other stiffs off the Reds payroll.  If Yankees take Votto or Moose also in the Castillo trade, the Reds should be happy if they only get a box of popcorn from the Yankees in the trade, which is about all they will get for Castillo anyway.  I would not trade Castillo for nothing, unless The Yankees are willing to take Votto 25 mil or Moose 16 mil out of Reds payroll NOW.....and Yankees can afford to do such a thing. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - kevin - 07-16-2022, 01:27 PM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - kevin - 07-17-2022, 01:04 AM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - kevin - 07-17-2022, 06:22 AM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - samhain - 07-16-2022, 08:51 PM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - kevin - 07-17-2022, 01:41 AM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - samhain - 07-20-2022, 06:23 PM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - samhain - 07-17-2022, 09:33 PM