Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Package Votto with Castillo
(07-17-2022, 05:21 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I hope the Reds can dump some salary off the payroll. As for some return players, take what we can get.

Why would anyone care if they can dump salary?  They are not cutting dead weight to acquire better players.  The best player they have is getting traded, not extended, and the good players they have left are still on rookie deals.  

You absolutely do not "take what you can get".  This isn't a pitcher that you trade for a lottery ticket.  He's the only serious option for a contending team to get a TOR caliber arm into their rotation for the playoff stretch.  

The Reds have a minimum of 5 teams interested in Castillo.  You don't have to accept some team's toaster leavins',  Look at the Jose Berrios trade.  That is the comp here.  You get a minimum of 2 top 100 prospects or you've failed.  If a front office can't stack their farm system with a chip like Castillo, then they're an even bigger joke that we already suspected.  

I want a team's best offensive prospect, preferably an outfielder.  The Reds farm system is weak in the OF.  On top of that, you get a pitching prospect slightly better than Brandon Williamson.  After that, maybe some magic beans.  You get players here that can help make them a contender in 2024 or 2025.  This is the goal.

I get that other teams' fans want to get a player ;like him for nothing. In reality, whoever gets him should have a worse farm system when it's over. He's a major asset and assets are paid for with other assets.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - kevin - 07-16-2022, 01:27 PM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - kevin - 07-17-2022, 01:04 AM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - kevin - 07-17-2022, 06:22 AM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - samhain - 07-16-2022, 08:51 PM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - kevin - 07-17-2022, 01:41 AM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - samhain - 07-20-2022, 06:23 PM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - samhain - 07-17-2022, 09:33 PM