Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Package Votto with Castillo
(07-20-2022, 12:07 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: This^

Why would any fan want to give up top notch prospects in a deal to save Bob some money?!

They won’t spend that money to upgrade the team. The only way we ever luck into something with these owners is if they trade away our trade chips for TONS of top level prospects and we get lucky and all of them pan out at the same time. Don’t give up one of the best pitchers in the game to save a years salary that won’t be put to good use anyway.

We need to come out of this trade deadline with one of if not the best farm systems in the league.

It's a big opportunity and a key moment in the future of the Reds.  They have an OK farm system now, and a lot of high-ceiling young starters.  Elly de la Cruz will probably be a top 10 prospect in MLB when the next top 100 comes out.  Collier was a great pick in the 2022 draft.  

If I'm the Reds, I want at the very least 2 guys in the middle of the top 100 project list, preferably at least 1 outfielder.  If the Yankees want to cave and make Peraza available, I'd take him, plus Waldchuck and Wells.  I do however feel like the Dodgers are by far our best match.  Their farm system is jacked with talent and they could cobble together a huge return without really crippling themselves.  For a big spending organization, their farm system is just about the best in the game.  

Either way, someone needs to pay.  I criticize the Reds brass quite a bit, and they deserve it.  In this scenario, however, they seem to be doing the right thing and scouting the best of potential partner organizations' prospect capital.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - kevin - 07-16-2022, 01:27 PM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - kevin - 07-17-2022, 01:04 AM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - kevin - 07-17-2022, 06:22 AM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - samhain - 07-16-2022, 08:51 PM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - kevin - 07-17-2022, 01:41 AM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - samhain - 07-20-2022, 06:23 PM
RE: Package Votto with Castillo - samhain - 07-17-2022, 09:33 PM