Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car windshield replacement.
(07-29-2022, 10:46 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Insurance won't cover it. Even if it did and the deductible made sense, you should use it. Never understood why people pay into insurance but never use it. 

Safelite usually offers standard windshields without the tech - so you have the option to either pay up for the tech or pay down for the standard windshield. 

I had my Jeep windshield replaced and I had some kind of heat sensor or somethin on my windshield and it was going to be like 3x the cost. I said fugg that and got a standard one for significantly cheaper. 

The reason people try to avoid using insurance is because they don't want their rates going up. Also, too many claims (big or small) will lead them to drop you. And by too many, 2-3 is too many within a 3yr period for many insurance companies. 

I checked with our insurance lady and she said it would cover replacing the windshield but we would have to cover the deductible. Safelite is giving me an estimate of $1200. I could get the basic windshield I guess, but that makes the other technology I paid for useless. What's the point in that?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Car windshield replacement. - HarleyDog - 07-28-2022, 07:50 PM
RE: Car windshield replacement. - HarleyDog - 07-29-2022, 01:01 PM
RE: Car windshield replacement. - bfine32 - 07-29-2022, 01:35 PM
RE: Car windshield replacement. - bfine32 - 07-29-2022, 04:20 PM
RE: Car windshield replacement. - bfine32 - 07-29-2022, 04:22 PM