Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TDN's 2023 Top 100 prospects list
(08-10-2022, 12:02 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Let's assume the Bengals have an awesome '22 - '23 season and pick lower in the draft. Would it be smart to use a late first round pick on a RB to support Mixon, and eventually replace him as the starter, in the run game? Tier 1 from the list identifies Gibbs from Alabama and Robinson from Texas as top-RB talents.

Robinson is by far my favorite RB prospect.
If he's there when Bengals pick and Mayer is gone, I'd be REAL tempted to take him.

I'm a bit worried Gibbs might be a bit too small to be a 3-down RB.
He's only 200 lbs but 5'11".

Chris Johnson was 5'11" and 197 lbs coming into the draft, but he did share carries some seasons with bruiser RBs like LenDale White.
We know CJ2K had the record before John Ross for the 40 at 4.24 seconds, and you could see that speed on the field. It's a big reason why he could be so productive.

I've heard Gibbs has ran a 4.32 before.
https://tdalabamamag.com/2022/07/01/alabama-jahmyr-gibbs-reveals-insane-40-yard-dash-time/

If Gibbs can show he can be a home run threat like CJ2K was, I think he can be a true difference maker and worth taking in Rd 1. But you'll probably need to use a different RB if you want a blocker, or a bigger RB in short yardage or goal line situations.
So I'd be ok with him too, but I'd want the Bengals to have a plan to have a good stable to handle situations where Gibbs wouldn't be as equipped for.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: TDN's 2023 Top 100 prospects list - ochocincos - 08-10-2022, 12:23 PM