Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers!
(08-08-2022, 09:54 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Here's my question....

Usomah had 493 yards last season. If the line protects better, can Hurst get to 800? This would give the Bengals 4 guys with 800+.

I would contend that NO, he wouldn't. At least, not with the other 3 still getting over 800. Where's why: I believe the Bengals want to and WILL run the ball more and more effectively IF the O line is better. This will cut down on drop backs quite a bit and/or open up the screen game.

I also don't think the TE is featured in what the Bengals are running as a general concept. The TE is more of an outlet or a player where the play is adapted to roll that way at the line after checks and adjustments are made. More of an opportunistic position in the ZT/Burrow/LSU style offense than a featured guy.

My guess is that a stronger O line would make Hurst a strong red zone target and 3rd down guy more than an every play option. Especially since he isn't a strong blocker and wouldn't be on the field on every down.

I love Uzomah. But of his 493 and 5 tds. Something like almost 300yds and 4tds came in 2 games. So he had 200 yds and 1td the rest of the way. He definitely did more than receiving for the team with blocking, Humor and the power of positive thinking. But if early indications from camp can be trusted they look to be running plays designed for Hurst. So they either look at him more as a receiver or maybe realize that TE was an under utilized part of the offense and hopefully want to get more out of it.

I'm not too worried about TE and wanted Uzomah back but not for the money he got. When he left and I looked at the free agents I wanted Hurst. So I'm glad they got him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers! - BFritz21 - 08-08-2022, 12:10 AM
RE: CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers! - NUGDUKWE - 08-08-2022, 10:14 AM
RE: CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers! - tms - 08-10-2022, 12:36 PM