Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers!
(08-08-2022, 10:06 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I don't think Cincinnati will run the ball more - I fully expect them to continue doing what they were doing. They have Burrow, Chase, Higgins and Boyd. They have a Ferrari passing game that isn't going to stay together for much longer. Cincinnati passed the ball 59% of the time last season, good for 13th in the league. I think that will stay roughly the same, if not increase slightly. Towards the end of the season, Cincinnati was really chucking the ball around, passing the ball 66% of the time. That obviously led to a Super Bowl appearance, and nearly a victory. 

Mixon is good, don't get me wrong. I expect him to have a great season. However, passing the ball correlates much better to points scored than running does, and points scored correlates highly to victories. It is boring to say this, because RBs are cool, but RBs aren't very important to team success. QB performance is the single largest indicator of team success - RB performance barely matters at all, even for guys like Derrick Henry.

In regard to Hurst, I really think he is going to replace Uzomah's production. Neither guys are world beaters, but are good enough to do some damage as an outlet player. 
I think we run the ball 

Mixon was tenth(?) in YPC for running backs with at least 200 carries, so imagine how much better he'll be with a line that can block and defenses not being able to just load the box because they know that they need to keep safeties and backers back because Burrow will have time to drop back and scan the field!

Also, we'll have more possessions and we'll want to run the ball to protect Burrow from having to drop back so much. We'll also want to control the clock and keep defenses from just teeing off on the pass rush. Sustaining drives and moving the chains is the way to keep the opposing offense off the field, keep your defense resting, and control the game. As good as Burrow is, it also limits turnovers.

As far as Hurst, I think he'll be better than CJ, even though CJ was good, just because Burrow will have more time and defenses will be so spread out that he'll be open more.
(08-08-2022, 10:43 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The Bengals offense & personnel, as constructed, aren't needing Hurst or any TE to put him big numbers. They just need Hurst to be ready as a go-to option when Burrow makes the read that the ball needs to go to the TE. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised with his production. Is he on a one-year deal? I bet the dude gets paid in '23 free agency and will have Burrow to thank.

I agree that we won't need Hurst to put up big numbers but I think he'll be a good safety valve and a great weapon when defenses try to guard our other weapons.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers! - BFritz21 - 08-08-2022, 12:10 AM
RE: CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers! - BFritz21 - 08-08-2022, 03:48 PM
RE: CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers! - tms - 08-10-2022, 12:36 PM