Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers!
(08-08-2022, 07:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not only records but, like I've said before, I could EASILY see Burrow for MVP and I'm going to lay $500 or a grand on it!

(A grand pays out 13,000, which that, along with a grand on us making the Super Bowl [pays out 12 to 1], a grand on winning it [pays out 22 to 1], and a grand on Jahmyr Gibbs winning the Heisman [pays out 20 to 1] was my initial plan but now I'm thinking about maybe just 500 on each because I have 8,500 in Venmo from poker but do I really want to risk that much?)

If I had the dough I would bet on Burrow for MVP, as Fred said he may not ever have this many weapons this good.

Mixon for most yards and TD's I think would be another safe bet if this OL stays healthy. All the guys we brought in are 
very good technically sound run blockers and Mixon was 3rd in the league last year with crap in front of him.

(08-09-2022, 08:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep, the more I think about the offense's potential, the more excited I become.

I mean, Herbert threw for 5000 yards because his coach opened it up earlier than they did for Burrow.  A full season of Joe in the mode he was down the stretch, with a better line, could be....well, I like your word:  historical.  

I could see games where the Bengals jump out to a big lead and the opposition has to face wave after wave of pass rush "lines" coming off the bench.  The Colts did this for years with Manning.  

Not to be forgotten, but the defense could also be historic.  They were top ten in the league last year in average points allowed per drive.  I believe they were 8th overall.  Paul and Jay on the "Hear That Podcast Growlin" podcast went back to 2018 and they were 31st that year, then I believe the subsequent years went 26th (2019), 21st (2020), and then 8th last year.  They talked about the many pieces added (Dax, Tycen, Carter, and Gunter) combined with injured guys do back (Ossai, Hubert) and a few guys that played through injuries (Hubbard and Wilson) while losing only Ogunjobi, who was already replaced by Hill. 

Combine all that with another year under the same coach's system.  

The synergy of a really tough defense that was hitting on all cylinders in the playoffs getting the ball back to this offense could be, again, historic.  

Damn, just get to the regular season healthy and let's start things off by not only beating, but fricking demoralizing, the steelers week 1.  

All of this and don't forget ADG on Defense, I think he could have a breakout year and he hasn't been mentioned much.

The game finally started to slow down for him last season right before the injury.

Yes, lets start things off by taking the steelers head week 1. Run the ball down their throats. They ignored this weakness.

All the while we added the guys to run it down their throats.

Then stop the run on Defense and get after whatever QB gets the start. Hope it is Biscuit and we thrash him with Sam and Trey.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers! - BFritz21 - 08-08-2022, 12:10 AM
RE: CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers! - tms - 08-10-2022, 12:36 PM
RE: CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-09-2022, 04:58 PM