Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paycor Stadium Welcome to the Jungle
(08-10-2022, 06:31 PM)Roland Wrote: The fact remains that the Browns are not mega-rich compared to other NFL owners.  It's nonsense to suggest that there's some mechanism where bond backed escrow funds are going to solve that in the near term.   It's a complete non sequitur.  

The Brown family needs to strike while the iron is hot.  The returns on a Super Bowl ring will make anything else look like chump change.

I agree. There are simple mechanisms the Bengals can put into place to generate more revenue. They just have never tried to do anything even remotely outside of the shared revenue from the NFL box. The shared income has always been plenty enough for the Bengals org and those that run it to continue on through life comfortably. 

I wonder if the mindset of not efforting is because of the shared income? I would imagine that, yes, the Bengals brass never needed to kill it on the local level due to the national money being shared, but now they feel the heat.

Here is a link simply breaking this down. It will be interesting to see what the Bengals do from a work perspective now that they actually need more money to compete.....

http://www.thehogsty.com/2020/01/23/nfl-revenue-sharing-101/
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paycor Stadium Welcome to the Jungle - PDub80 - 08-10-2022, 07:06 PM