Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I’m Ordering A New Mac: Any Advice?
(08-12-2022, 05:40 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I went into Best Buy and purchased a MacBook Air about a couple of years ago.  It's basically a laptop.  I charge it overnight and it is good for a full day.  I have been hacked a few times in my life and what I like about Apple is that the security is included and I've been free of that.   I mean, Apple is their own self.  They do their own chip...not Intel or AMD anymore... best of my knowledge.  Mine can open with a password or just Touch ID.  It's not the biggest...about 13 inches....but I bought a carrying case for it and it's easy to travel with.  Cost of the laptop was about a grand.
How's the keyboard? I'm thinking that might be a problem if it's the flat on the table type because those are difficult for me to use. I bought a normal keyboard and hooked it up to the Mac monitor so I guess I could do that.

I don't really have a need to take it anywhere because I just take my iPad to the bar/restaurant if I want to follow fantasy football and I have the big version of my presentation (not the one I email to schools to see if they're interested) on a separate laptop. 
(08-12-2022, 06:09 PM)treee Wrote: Assuming you just need it for web browsing and content consumption, the new Mac Book Air with the M1 chip would work perfectly for you. Great battery life from the chip's efficiency and it should do everything you need it to with ease.

I email a lot and does it come with PowerPoint? I sometimes send out a smaller version of my presentation to schools and wherever just so they can get an idea.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’m Ordering A New Mac: Any Advice? - BFritz21 - 08-12-2022, 08:09 PM