Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ima say this and it is what it is
(08-15-2022, 01:59 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You compared Carman protecting his elbow to players protecting themselves from CONCUSSIONS

And I have no problem with Carman missing practice with an elbow injury. You just said it was admirable. I think that’s way too strong of a word for a player missing practice with an elbow boo boo.

He should miss practice, and it’s not cowardice at all. But admirable? Pump the breaks.

I mentioned concussions, but the articles I linked and quoted were regarding musculoskeletal injuries.

Such as an elbow injury.

I stand by admirable as an appropriate word. There's a lot of pressure from fans, coaches and players to play through injury, to "be tough" and, while that may be good for the team in the short term, it may have severe consequences down the line. 

It would be easy to succumb to peer pressure and play through an injury, potentially making it worse. Advocating for yourself is something not everyone is brave enough to do.

Now, I'm not saying Carman is definitely doing this. Maybe he did just hit his funny bone and cried about it in the nurse's office. I don't know. My point is, I'm not going to fault a player for being injured like the OP is, especially when I don't know the extent or severity of the injury.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Ima say this and it is what it is - Housh - 08-15-2022, 10:42 AM
RE: Ima say this and it is what it is - CJD - 08-15-2022, 02:04 PM