Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Confession of a Dalton Defender
(05-26-2015, 10:10 AM)djs7685 Wrote: People want to bring up that the defense shit the bed in the playoffs as well, and I completely agree...but at least they were usually damn good in the regular season. We had a top 10 defense for 3 of Andy's 4 years.

See, here's the thing: shouldn't the defense be bashed MORE for shitting the bed in the playoffs? I mean, you've got a guy who is average and arguably slightly above and below average (in other words, an argument can be made for him being slightly above average and an argument can be made for him being slightly below average) and you've got an elite defense.

In the playoffs, both your average QB and elite defense play like the 30th ranked. I would think that the element that was higher ranked would be more criticized. Yet, somehow it's not.

Yes, I know a lot of people bring this argument up as a defense of Andy, but forget about that for a second. Shouldn't the defense be receiving MORE flak for being MORE of a let down in the playoffs? (This isn't an accusation I'm leveling at you, djs, FYI)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Confession of a Dalton Defender - PhilHos - 05-25-2015, 09:29 PM
RE: Confession of a Dalton Defender - PhilHos - 05-26-2015, 12:47 PM