Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Confession of a Dalton Defender
(05-26-2015, 12:43 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Like I said, there will definitely be exceptions. I believe Tom Brady may even fall into that as well, statistically in the regular season at least. It sucks because there's no way to really debate certain aspects of someone's game other than with stats, but I don't think there was any question that either Brady or Manning were destined for greatness even if their statistics didn't reflect that. That's just opinion, but I seem to remember it being the general consensus of pretty much anyone involved in the game of football whether it was players, fans, or the media. Statistically yes, there will be exceptions to what I said though when it comes to their passer ratings, absolutely.

Are they exceptions, though? Manning's worst season (in terms of passer rating) was his 4th. Brady's was his 10th. Brees, 3rd. Roethlisberger, 4th. Flacco, 7th.

(05-26-2015, 12:43 PM)djs7685 Wrote: To clarify my earlier points, I wasn't trying to say "reduced role" as in the coaches were trying to keep the ball out of his hands or anything if that's what you thought I meant,

No, I figured that's what you were trying to say that's why I think it better to term it as a "change in philosphy".

(05-26-2015, 12:43 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I personally wouldn't complain if he kept up the efficient and quality performances of weeks 1-6 (games 1-5. game 6 was the IND game that I'm sure we'd all like to forget) in 2014.

Yeah, meant first 6 weeks, not games.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Confession of a Dalton Defender - PhilHos - 05-25-2015, 09:29 PM
RE: Confession of a Dalton Defender - PhilHos - 05-26-2015, 01:10 PM