Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Better Is Team Confidence And Mentality?
(09-05-2022, 11:46 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think Burrow & Chase never had a confidence problem. Part of the turnaround was the focus of bringing in players from winning cultures. The NFL outside world don’t get the Bengals. They think they just were a fluke ( thank you Fredtoast) and just went on a roll. You don’t win all those close games late w/o a ton of confidence. Winning clutch games has to be accompanied with confidence. Frankly over confidence may be our nemesis this year more than the lack there of.

I don’t think the new indoor is a factor. I think practicing outside in January worked for us.

Burrow and Chase never had a confidence problem and bringing in players from other winning teams could be a good thing but we've brought in players that won Super Bowls back in the Palmer era and it didn't see like it rubbed off as much. We might have been cocky and had bright personalities with people like Chad but I don't think it was ever a mentality of "we're going to win every game because we can't be beat."

I think the part about Chad and that crowd was that they were cocky and outspoken but this team doesn't need to voice those opinions or be that outspoken because we're that confident that we just let our play do the talking.

It's supposed to rain here Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, so it's not just about the cold because we'll have to bus to UC's bubble, as opposed to just showing up to work downtown and having it be our home.

(09-05-2022, 12:10 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: With Joey B under center, every one of the guys on this team knows "magic can happen", he's got that "IT" factor that can't be measured as a statistic. It rubs off as guys want to play "Harder" for him to let him do his thing.

I agree and that's what I mean by the confidence because every player in the NFL is confident but this is more than just individual confidence because every player is confident about the team and the players around them, which subconsciously has to have them playing harder.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Much Better Is Team Confidence And Mentality? - BFritz21 - 09-05-2022, 02:48 PM