Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Better Is Team Confidence And Mentality?
(09-07-2022, 10:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Truth.  This season has the makings of a really interesting one.  Not one team (in the AFC) has a cupcake division.  The Bills will face a tough schedule and the Jets and Dolphins look much improved (on paper anyways).  The Pats are one team that has me thinking:  "Will they even be competitive?", but like the steelers they seemingly always find a way to hang around.

The Titans at least have the Colts to contend with and vice-versa, and the Jags might be improved as I really like their coach.  The Texans are hot garbage and although they have a lot of future draft picks, they are probably thinking that one more year of turd soup will get them a loaded roster of high draft picks.  

That AFC West, though.  Holy crap.  For a loaded Raider team to be most people's selection for last in the division....  Damn.  They also draw the AFC South as their conference foe schedule.  Good luck Titans and Colts.

I also agree about the Bucs, as you can see Brady is already looking a little frightened at the prospect of taking snaps behind those guards and center.  I think the NFC is primed for a team to come out of the usual 49er, Packer, Buc group and contend.  My guess is the Eagles.  They seem to be building something there and I really like Jalen Hurts as a person.  Hope it all works out for him this year.  Another couple dark horses for the NFC are the Vikings and Saints.  The Vikes offense is no joke, and if their new coaching staff can figure out something with their defense, they could take that division.  The Saints are being discarded by many because of their QB (Winston), but they have quality depth behind him now (Dalton) and a really, really tough defense.  

Regardless, this season is going to be an absolute blast.  More Primetime games for the Bengals and some amazing matchups along the way, starting with Rams/Bills in about 36 hours!

Great post and breakdown of the NFL SHRacer. Great thought about the Eagles, Vikings and Saints. One of those teams might
surprise like you say. If the Eagles get decent play out of Hurts they could be tough like you say, they always seem to have a pretty
good Defense. The question for the Vikings is their Defense but man, they are stacked on Offense which should help the D rest.

I like the Saints too because of their Defense and actually the Falcons might be a surprise if Mariota plays well.

The AFC is just so stacked, the team that wins it will probably win the Superbowl no matter who they face in the NFC.

Gonna be a blast as you say, this is what you want if you have suddenly become a Contender which we undoubtedly have.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Much Better Is Team Confidence And Mentality? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-07-2022, 04:58 PM