Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NO NFL Network analyst picked us to return to Super Bowl
(09-06-2022, 10:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think it's an arms race to see which franchise can build a complete team around Herbert/Burrow.

Obviously the Bengals invested in defense last year and drafting Chase. This year, they added to the offensive line.

The Chargers invested pretty heavily in defense and are working on their line too.

At the Top-end of the NFL, there are probably 7 elite QB's in the AFC. (Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Mahommes, Jackson, Wilson, and probably Watson.)

I agree. I understand many Bengals fans have grown a distaste for the Chargers due to the Herbert/Burrow debate. I also understand that this distaste leads to folks trying to discredit Herbert, but he is really, really good. I'm an Oregon Ducks fan and I never anticipated him being this good. He didn't look the part in college, but with hindsight I think that was more coaching. 

Anyways, the Chargers had arguably a better offense than Cincinnati did last year and they have invested into defense which was their major weakness. They are also highly aggressive on 4th down, and convert their attempts very often. Dangerous offense, improving defense. The Chargers should be a playoff team this season. Cincinnati should be more than just a playoff team, though. 

IB4 "Herbert hasn't done shit blah blah blah". I get it. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NO NFL Network analyst picked us to return to Super Bowl - KillerGoose - 09-06-2022, 10:42 AM