Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow "There's nothing down the field if teams play us like they (Ravens) did"
(10-10-2022, 08:05 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Joe Burrow is absolutely right.  There is nothing down the field.  Defensive coordinators have seen plenty of film on the 2021 Cincinnati Bengals and they have successfully countered the deep threat.  Play "two high safety" and the Bengals have no answer.  

With this said, it marks the first time Joe has implicitly called out the coaches.  Every other press conference from 2020 onward has featured classic Burrow-isms like, "I need to play better," but this is different.  Teams have made the Bengals one-dimensional on offense and if the run gets stuffed as well, the offense sputters along.  

Not just coaching, this offense that means Burrow, Chase, Mixon, line etc is not consistent enough to move the ball or not making the plays when needed.  Chase touched the ball a ton last night and really outside of a great catch no YAC to speak off.  Burrow had Boyd open twice in the seam maybe for a TD on one but passed on throwing it or just missed him.  Mixon finally seemed to run very decisive last nite, blocking was better but he had a few bigs runs where he adjusted to no hole... If all you need to is great play calling then you can win with average players and I don;t think i buy that one either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow "There's nothing down the field if teams play us like they (Ravens... - Essex Johnson - 10-10-2022, 08:20 AM