Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow "There's nothing down the field if teams play us like they (Ravens) did"
(10-11-2022, 06:21 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm a Burrow defender to the core, but a lot of this is on him.  He's got to get though his progressions and find the open guy.  Take 8 yards when the long ball isn't there.  He has to make the decision to choose intermediate and short targets before defenses stop dropping 2 safeties to prevent the long ball.  Prove that you can dink and dunk consistently through long drives and defenses will cinch up.  This is a one dimensional offense right now and defenses will sell out to take that dimension away.

I think Evans on the field is just too much of a tell right now.  He has little to no ability to run between the tackles and his presence almost certainly would indicate a pass play.  I'm not sure what kind of blocker he is, but that could also be a factor.  FWIW, I think Perine has done the job we want Evans to do more than acceptably.  He can block, catch, get yards after, and even has a decent bit of physicality to his game.  If anything, I'd let him eat a bit more until he proves he can't get it done.  He hasn't yet.

The more and more I look at it, the more I'm seeing #9 as the biggest issue. If there weren't other players open, I'd say it's a scheme/design issue. But when you throw to a double or triple covered Chase and Hurst and Boyd are standing there open..... it's a QB problem.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow "There's nothing down the field if teams play us like they (Ravens... - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-11-2022, 06:30 PM