Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Would you trade Mixon for a McCaffrey-like deal?
(10-21-2022, 12:31 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I do understand your position, and agree with parts of it. I will still contend that if Mixon were cut today, pushing Perine into the starting spot, the overall production would largely be the same. Now, part of what I prefer is that Perine not be a feature back but part of a committee. I don't want a feature back - run Perine, Evans and ??? out there. Or, remove Perine and run another ??? out there. I don't care. The Bengals do not have elite talent in their RB room currently and can get this production elsewhere. 

Grabbing a day three guy often, like you suggested, would be fine. Every few years, grab another late round guy and plug & play. You won't get elite play, but you don't need elite play at RB. Serviceable is just as good from a team success standpoint. 

Exactly. I love Mixon, but honestly, given our offense, we don't need an elite RB. At this point, I'd don't mind and almost would rather have Perine and Evans split carries than just have Mixon play most of the game with Perine here or there.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Mixon for a McCaffrey-like deal? - PhilHos - 10-21-2022, 12:55 PM