Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had my 1st kid(Daughter) 8/31, any random ass tips for raising a little girl ?
Congratulations! That's awesome. I've got 4 daughters (13, 11, 10 and 8). Time goes by fast as others have said. Your time (availability) and time with the kiddos. No matter how exhausting it is, trying to remember these are years you'll never get back tends to help me put things in perspective when I'm dying for some "me" time, don't want to read that story again, just want to watch the game in peace, etc.

The other thing with girls especially is making sure they know how loved they are. From day one. You don't have to be (and probably shouldn't be) your kid's friend. But you should be there to listen to them, to let them know you're always there (and then actually be there) and build them up. Social media is such a terrible thing because of the way it makes people feel like they're not enough, not perfect, not loved. Give your daughter that foundation and she's less likely to seek that validation from strangers (or bad boyfriends). Love and respect go so far.

But at the end of the day? Have fun with it! Parenting is an adventure. You can't do anything to make your kids' lives "perfect", or have them turn out "perfectly", so just embrace the mess and the struggle and find something each day to laugh or at least smile about. You'll be a great dad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Had my 1st kid(Daughter) 8/31, any random ass tips for raising a little girl ? - MileHighGrowler - 11-08-2022, 05:06 PM