Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butler County Ohio Man Killed over politics
(11-13-2022, 01:05 AM)pally Wrote: We can always find individuals on each side that hate the other side for a variety of reasons. And there is a serious lack of empathy going around on all sides.
But only one side has made it a mission to destroy the other side and that is the right? The left wants conservatism to go away. But the right wants liberals to go away. The people not the politics. The constant barrage of hate coming from right wing media drives itself into the brains of vulnerable or susceptible people. They aren’t being told your neighbor disagrees with you. They are being told that their neighbors are unAmerican, that they are the enemy, they are not Christian, that they are taking away YOUR country. They are being told that people who disagree with you politically don’t deserve to be here. They are told it’s their job to “own the libs”. The rhetoric is dangerous and must stop. It is ok to disagree. And frankly it is ok not to understand where the other side is coming from. I will freely admit I have never seen the attraction of Donald Trump and will never understand why anyone still supports him. But that doesn’t mean I hate that person who does so.

Not intending to get people riled up, (but I know this post will probably anger some), but observations came to me last week.

With Theoren Fleury and Jamie Sale (look them up, if you are unaware of whom they are) running rampant on Twitter, my wife asked me why they think they way they do...

… to which I replied, "hell if I know, I'm not in their brains," but I did point out one thing in common that I have recently realized, that they and the overwhelming majority of the right (all over the world, not just in the USA or NA), are all just assholes. Big, loud, oftentimes classless, just assholes. Rude people, nasty people.

The left may be all granola and radical ideas, but at least people are nice, down to Earth, TOLERANT people. You won't see the left attempt to ransack a government building or occupy a city and torment citizens for weeks, severely affecting their QoL (for the worse).

The right are just assholes, right or wrong, intelligent or stupid, hardworking or lazy, etc., etc., they all have shitty attitudes.

Of course, there are exceptions (absolutely nothing is black and white and George W. Bush, for example, I would hardly call an asshole at all, while Kamala Harris I absolutely WOULD call an asshole lol) and even on the left, not everyone is tolerant and decent, but the left seemingly looks to compromise and work together for bettering the lives of many and for the greater good, while the right is all about greed, selfishness and just all-around stirring up anger.

Anger, outrage, being an asshole, these are seemingly all badges of honour for the right and if you don't speak your mind and attack with your words (or with physicality), you're a snowflake, "woke person on the left," which is just more inflammatory and assholeish behaviour.

Trump, DeSantis, Cruz, Polievre, Johnson, Meloni, these are all MASSIVE assholes. Loathsome people, whether they are good at what they do or not.

Biden, AOC, Obama, Trudeau, Ardern, Store, while, "weak, snowflakes, bumbling, stupid, etc.," are tolerant, level-headed and (at least, in the public eye) attempt to do what is best for their people, whether they are good at what they do or not.

Can't stress enough that this IS a generalization and there are exceptions, but this is what I've observed from the majority of both sides of the spectrum.

FTR, I align slightly left of center; sometimes you need a bit of asshole to go with your tolerance Wink (essence of Ying and Yang)

(11-13-2022, 01:17 AM)samhain Wrote: I straight up forgot that Romney ran for president.  I hate to google it and double check.  

[Image: tumblr_mc0lwdHHNQ1rg2rf7o1_500.gif]

(11-14-2022, 12:09 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't understand people who put up yard signs. Why do you want everyone walking to know your political beliefs?

Tribalism and, "my team!"

People want to be seen/known as winners and, "being the good guys," with like-minded people.

That's all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Butler County Ohio Man Killed over politics - Truck_1_0_1_ - 11-14-2022, 06:03 PM