Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer: Facing Bengals "not just another game"
(11-22-2015, 12:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Gee, maybe he was complaining about the same thinkgs that all the other players who wanted out of the Bengals.

If Palmer was the only one to do it then I might criticize him more for it.  But when  it is a common practice for Bengals to want out of here I have think there must be something to it.

If a guy who has been divorced four times tells you he is getting divorced again do you still think the wives were always the ones at fault?

Corey Dillon
Carl Pickens
Takeo Spikes
Dan Wilkinson
Carson Palmer

One of these players is not like the others. Only one had enjoyed being part of 2 playoff teams while being the highest paid player at his position.

When Dillon wanted out after his 7th consecutive non-winning season, I understood. Same with Pickens and Spikes. Comparing their situations to Palmer's? Please. Palmer was on 2 bad teams and he wasn't even healthy for one of those.

The Bengals were a respectable franchise during Palmer's tenure. They were almost always competitive. Marv has always been a solid (regular season) coach. Out of 7 seasons with Palmer as starter, they made the playoffs twice and were at least in the hunt a couple more times.

I would've understood if the Bengals had been annual losers for 4-5+ seasons, but they'd just won their division 1 year prior. So forgive me if I don't have sympathy for Palmer's situation. For those saying he wanted to get away from the "circus", he's the one who lobbied hard for TO. I'm not sure why some pretend that didn't happen.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Palmer: Facing Bengals "not just another game" - Shake n Blake - 11-22-2015, 02:52 AM