Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer: Facing Bengals "not just another game"
(11-22-2015, 12:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you can't understand how Palmer felt when he left just ask any of the 95% of the Bengal fans who were cursing Mike Brown after the '10 season and claiming that the franchise would never win anything with him in charge.

All Palmer did was agree with what an overwhelming majority of the fans were saying, yet now those same fans rip him for agreeing with them.. 

Of course fans were displeased after a supposed SB team fell to 4-12 with 10 straight losses. That said, none of us knew that Brat would be canned after the Senior Bowl. None of us knew that AJ Green would be drafted. The problem with Palmer is that he quit while emotions were still running high.

As jaded as the fans were after the season, none of us quit. As bad as things were in 2010, I think most of us knew that a few changes would make the team relevant again. I bet that we'd win 4 games or fewer in 2011, but if Palmer had stayed, that prediction would've been 8-9 wins. I just had very little confidence in a rookie QB. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Palmer: Facing Bengals "not just another game" - Shake n Blake - 11-22-2015, 02:28 PM