Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer: Facing Bengals "not just another game"
(11-22-2015, 04:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: After the 2010 season Chad was still taking shots at Marvin and trying to whine and cry his way off the team.  Then he went to New England and refused to put in the work to learn their system.  Then he went to Miami and made a complete ass of himself.

Since I was not in the locker room from 2008 to 2010 I can't say for sure, but all the evidence points to Chad being a continued problem.  Why else would Marvin have been so anxious to get rid of him? 

I don't remember any specific shots at Marv after 2010. Chad's work ethic was praised in NE. Welker said that Chad's problem was learning the complex playbook on the fly. Remember he wasn't traded until after the lockout, so he had very little time to learn the playbook before actually hitting the field with Brady. He was cut by Miami due to an off field incident. A problem he never had here.

I'm not sure why Chad was traded but neither are you. He was a 34 year old WR and we'd just drafted his long term replacement, so I'm sure those were factors. Chad was the old face of the franchise on a team that wanted to "re-boot". So I'm sure that played a role as well. It could've been mutual considering how happy Chad was initially.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Palmer: Facing Bengals "not just another game" - Shake n Blake - 11-22-2015, 04:57 PM