Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billionaire's Foundation Court Win Eliminates My Student Loan Forgiveness
(11-14-2022, 07:12 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I'd rather the money go to older people who worked their whole life, left early due to the virus, and now have a less certain nest egg due to the market losses and inflation.  Of course there would be a limit depending on where your savings are.  But older people can't make this up, whereas a younger person has their whole life and more time to financially right themselves.  I'm fortunate I can stay retired, but for others not so.  That virus caused a once in a century thing to that age group.

Why should young people with no college debt pay for old people who didn't save enough money their entire old lives to retire?

If we get out of the "Why should group A get something group B does not?" mindset, I figured the student loan forgiveness thing was to buy votes as well as combat the reality that a lot of people who went to college and accrued student loan debt aren't buying enough stuff because they're spending decades of their lives in debt.

I'll pay off my student loan debt, that's my cross to bear but I've never bought a new car or motorcycle, I didn't buy a diamond ring when I got engaged (either time...ahem), the wife and I didn't have an actual wedding, I've never gone on an actual vacation or cruise in my 23 years of adulthood, I don't go to sporting events, I've been motivated to stay in shape because I bought dress clothes and suits when I was 22 and I still fit into them on the rare occasions I need to, and I stay in shape by working out at home instead of joining a gym and spending a bunch of gas money to get to and from it, I'm almost 41 and I might be able to start investing money in the stock market when I'm in my 50's or maybe never at all.

I'm not asking for pity, hey it's the life I've chosen.  All I'm saying is that people like me aren't keeping this consumer-driven market alive.  Student loan debt is preventing a lot of people from injecting money into the free market outside of student loan debt collectors and banks.    
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Billionaire's Foundation Court Win Eliminates My Student Loan Forgiveness - Nately120 - 11-14-2022, 07:58 PM