Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Trump Announces Presidential Bid for 2024
I can see DeSantis saying he's needed in Florida and waiting until 2028 to run, especially if Trump's zeal to ruin him in the primaries or possibility of running as a 3rd party and screwing over the GOP primary winner has merit.  Then again, Trump is probably going to run for president until he gets a 2nd term or until he dies, so if Trump doesn't win 2024 he might just declare for 2028, too.  The guy is like a cockroach, or the killer in a horror movie.  The first few times he's done for you kind of buy it, but then there is yet another sequel where he is magically alive again and wrecking havoc and he's only killed when people completely tune out.

If Trump is going to run, run 3rd party, or otherwise make a path to the white house as easy as possible for the democrats I sincerely hope an 82 year old Biden isn't their go-to guy.  If I'm a dem strategist I would point out that 1 term of an 82 year old Biden and an unpopular Harris would pale in comparison to handing the mantle to someone like Mark Kelly and having the chance to win in 2024 and face DeSantis in 2028 as an incumbent.  

Biden graciously passing the baton to moderate democrat and veteran and astronaut from a swing state rather than pulling a pseudo-Trump and running yet again against the wishes of the majority of his party seems like a wise plan, right?  Ugh, if it's Biden vs Trump in 2024 I just...I can't find a fun way to end this sentence. 

HOT TAKE - Both political parties want Trump in jail now, so he might actually be held accountable for one of the zillion illegal things he's done.

I just had to reiterate that this country is looking at

2016 - Trump vs Hillary
2020 - Trump vs Biden
2024 - Trump vs Biden

Blargh, come on America.  Biden needs to pull a Truman and read the writing on the wall.  We can't have both political parties put unpopular 80 year olds on the ballot, can we?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Announces Presidential Bid for 2024 - Nately120 - 11-16-2022, 10:12 AM