Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Trump Announces Presidential Bid for 2024
(11-16-2022, 12:22 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I really don't don't much about Mark Kelly either.  I do know that he is Gabby Giffords husband.  

I brought him up mostly because he ticks a lot of those "electable" boxes, and it seems possible and logical that the dems could use their 2022 wins to transition to some new faces who have noted success.  Also, if you are a democrat and the GOP is supposedly handing you the WH, wouldn't you rather put someone in there who can run for a second term?

Something like this seems like a no-brainer to me (insert Biden or Trump joke here).  If Trump running is really the GOP-killer the left wants it to be, why not try to lock down the WH for the next 8 years?  If DeSantis runs in 2028 they're going to need someone who isn't Biden to go against him anyways.

The bitter humor of democrats responding to the GOP blunder of putting an unpopular former president who is around 80 years old on the 2024 ticket against the wishes of the majority of the party by sticking with Biden is fitting, though.

Also, 82-86 year old Biden vs 78-82 year old Trump would legimately be an election where the VPs could logically be expected to have to take over at any given point.  Are we ready for a pseudo matchup of Heartbeat Away from Harris VS Heartbeat Away from MTG?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Announces Presidential Bid for 2024 - Nately120 - 11-16-2022, 12:30 PM