Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Trump Announces Presidential Bid for 2024
(11-18-2022, 08:56 PM)hollodero Wrote: Interesting. I find him to be just the guy he always was, but sure no need to argue about that. It's just, when he called McCain a loser and said he prefers people that weren't captured, he also wasn't POTUS. Or when he went after Ted Cruz' wife and did this JFK thing. Or when he called Carly Fiorina ugly. Or Bill Kristol a dummy.
Not to mention that imho it's rather even less appropriate than more appropriate to say such things as actual POTUS, which of course he also did plenty. As stated, always the same guy. I figured it just finally exhausted more and more people to defend all this, time and again.

But whatever. The main thing, and I for one am glad about that, is that you'd prefer another GOP candidate. I hope many others feel the same way.

It's completely understandable and reasonable that sane members of the GOP want to move on from Trump, but they should just admit that they're doing so because they feel DeSantis has more of a chance to win than Trump.  And let's also face facts, if and when DeSantis starts throwing insults around the GOP isn't going to say "Geez, he's a jerk too...guess we have to find someone else to represent our party" they'll go right into "That's our Ron!  Not afraid to fight and make the snowflakes cry!"

The GOP isn't sick of Trump being a loudmouthed jerk, they're sick of him losing.

The sports analogy is Aaron Rodgers.  The guy has been acting like a me-first jerk who doesn't show up in the off-season and teases retirement and infuriates fans who immediately forget all that once he has an MVP season...well, he isn't an MVP this season and suddenly his attitude is finally starting to wear on the cheesehead fans.  Go figure.

Or it's like my wife and I.  If Hugh Jackman shows up and asks her to marry him she's got the decency to tell me she's leaving me for Hugh Jackman, not that she's leaving me because last Tuesday I left too many dirty dishes in the sink and that is what sent her over the edge oh and by the way Hugh Jackman wants to marry me but I'm totally divorcing you because of the dishes thing so you don't think I'm shallow.

tl;dr - If sane members of the GOP are done with Trump and his BS, lying to themselves about why they are done with him isn't the biggest step in the right direction.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Announces Presidential Bid for 2024 - Nately120 - 11-18-2022, 10:32 PM