Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Trump Announces Presidential Bid for 2024
(11-30-2022, 11:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe, but Trump has the evangelicals by the balls doesn't he?  He doesn't need someone like Pence on the ticket because the mansion and private jet mega church pastors are still going to tell their flock that Trump is the most Jesus-ey person ever and democrats are the spawn of satan if not literal demons.

DeSantis may be able to out-Jesus Trump in the primaries,  but if Trump gets the nomination and he's up against Biden again I don't see why the evangelical and traditional GOPers would change their tune or stay home.

A lot people in the USA can't even look at a political race and see the GOP candidate as anything but the deeply religious candidate and the only choice for a Christian to make.  It's like...Christianity and the GOP both got into the same pod like in the movie The Fly and they are forever bonded in this monsterous singularity we see before us. 

tl:dr - All Trump and Lake need to do is be more "religious" than the democrats, and I've literally heard republicans say that they aren't sure democrats can even get into heaven. 

OK that might all be true. I did not necesarily mean Trump will choose someone just like Pence again, that indeed might not be necessary. I'd argue he will go for someone (at least amongst conservatives) less controversial again, a conservative fig leaf of sorts, as Pence was. Eg. someone not being Kari Lake or JD Vance or one of that crowd that is too similar to himself.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Announces Presidential Bid for 2024 - hollodero - 11-30-2022, 11:20 PM