Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's with all the Twitter boycotts?
(12-01-2022, 05:07 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Seems many companies are jumping on board to no longer advertise on Twitter. Personally, I have a twitter account but never sign on to it. I guess people are afraid disinformation will be posted. Well, it has been for a long time on social media already. I say allow free speech and let me decide to believe it or not.

Couple points here:

1) If Apple or GM decides they don't want to spend their advertising dollars on a site it is not a boycott.  It is a business decision based on what they think their customers are using and want, or at least a majority of their customers.  They could be wrong but that is their decision.

2) "Free speech" doesn't apply to things like Twitter or FB...or the Bengals Message Board for that matter.  What is allowed to be posted and what is censored is up tot he people who own/run the platform.  The problem with Musk's "free speech" idea is that he has already said there will be moderation and he is already suspending accounts who say things he doesn't like.  Throw in that other countries have different moderation requirements and Musk jumped in without looking...again. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's with all the Twitter boycotts? - GMDino - 12-01-2022, 10:15 AM