Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We all said ZT couldn't coach...
(12-07-2022, 09:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I know it's probably not this way with you, but I get a kick out of reading people complain about a call Taylor made, then when they find out Burrow made it they are all like "Oh, Joe called it, ok" It's still the same call. If Dunlap had done what he was supposed to on that play (there's a theme here) Taylor scores 7 on that sweep. I get it, people hate the Jet Sweep. You know what I hate even more, the QB sneak. Every time Joe sneaks the ball, it is an excuse for the defense to go ripping at his fingers to "try to dislodge the ball" and all it takes is a broken finger on his right hand and our season truly is over. Not to mention the shots to the knee in the pile. All kinds of bad things can happen on the sneak. I wish we'd just take it out of the playbook, but Joe's gonna Joe and he's a football player, not a diva QB.

I get it and that is why I usually would only reserve the QB sneak for 4th and inches, but Joe knows how to secure the ball at his chest, and he isn't at the goal line and going to risk extending the ball as it could be punched out for a fumble (CTB nearly had one on Mahomes).  It wasn't just the jet sweep, it was Taylor who seems to have ball security issues.  

If it is anything less than inches, just hand the ball off to your RB.  The line is playing so well now, I feel pretty confident in Perine's ability to move the chains.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - 3wt - 12-06-2022, 03:39 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - 3wt - 12-09-2022, 03:18 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - J24 - 12-06-2022, 07:22 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - SHRacerX - 12-07-2022, 09:50 AM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - CJD - 12-09-2022, 03:49 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - CJD - 12-10-2022, 01:38 PM