Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges
(01-11-2023, 02:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Depends how you look at it.

From what I notice, a majority of society is becoming far more supportive of inclusivity than what it was 30+ years ago.

A lot of the Republican (or at least old-school and now far-right) views seem to be opposite of that.

As long as Republicans have that view (or at least have the perception of having that view), they will be very unlikely to have a majority (at a national level, at least).

Curious, isn't it. How a party that in many cases holds clear minority opinions can still hold 50% of the power, averaged over time. That is not explainable by the EC advantage. Eg. while the popular vote usually favors the democrat, it's still close and in no way represents these divergencies. And imho, that is because many people apparently quite clearly don't vote their assumed interest or assumed preferences. Including inclusivity and whatnot. (Btw. not everyone voting republicans is against inclusivity, I'm quite sure.)

Or put it another way, what would have to happen that democrats hold power in all branches over a decade plus? 15 years? 20 years, just democrats? Is that even imaginable? Imho, it is not, no matter how backwards or unsupported or unpopular the other party is. Quite the contrary, it would probably still lead to something like a 50/50 split. Because nothing is more unpopular then being in charge over a longer period of time and a significant portion will always vote for change. Even Trump can grow, we heard.

Edit: To underline my point, I will just add "midterm elections" and their common dynamics. Haha, the republicans only won so little, with a dem POTUS, those dorks, haha... that says it all, imho.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges - hollodero - 01-11-2023, 06:35 PM