Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges
(06-19-2023, 02:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You don't, that is why you have states that can do their own thing, otherwise the US could be one state, but makes no sense as too many people have different views.

As for Trump, Democrats disrespected him before he became POTUS and never stopped. It is almost like they want a civil war. Someone once said how does that look? I think it would look like groups of people targeting and killing their political opponents. I pray that never happens, but that is my fear and why the right will never give up their guns voluntarily to the US government.

I don't want to scrap the electoral college. I'm with you on that.

But as for your second paragraph, you write as if Trump were just a normal guy, like Bob Dole or Reagan or Jeb Bush, and Democrats (along with 15% of the Republican party, just started ragging on him for no reason. 

BEFORE he declared for the presidency he was a showman celebrity on his 3rd wife, with five bankruptcies and guilty of some very public grift, including the fake Trump University, and given to lying daily about easily fact checked subjects ("I was man of the year in Michigan").  Pronouncements like "We should have kept the oil" and "Mexico will pay for the wall" showed he had little grasp of international law and foreign policy. And we haven't even gotten to the Hollywood Access tape and the Stormy Daniels controversy or his mimicking a disabled reporter. No candidate has ever come to office with that kind of baggage.

Then there was the infamous and childish tweet comparing his model wife to Ted Cruz's. You say Democrats disrespected Trump, but what were Cruz, Bush and Lindsay Graham saying about him--not to mention a number of Republican commentators, formerly Fox News darlings? To a man they thought him UNFIT for the presidency in terms of character, judgment and preparation. 

And they were right. Yet somehow you think its Democrats who pose the threat of civil war, and not the guy who launched a fully developed plot to overturn an election, in part by calling a crowd of supporters to Washington and, knowing many were armed, siccing them on the Capitol to "take back" their country.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges - Dill - 06-19-2023, 03:36 PM