Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges
(06-19-2023, 03:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If I may overly-mundane-ize this situation...Trump is also being investigated because he is applying for a job, president, that involves having access to the most dangerous top secret information our country has.  This is completely standard stuff, really.  I have a job of low importance and I was subject to a pre-hiring investigation that took months before I got it. I've been interviewed by federal agents about positions in the government and military that my friends were being considered for.

I've also had people I know who haven't paid their federal taxes, or they have DUIs or domestic incidents or other issues ask me if they should apply for the same job I have.  I tell them they might not want to leave the private sector.  I know someone who has multiple DUIs and his wife called the police on him damn near weekly at one point...he own his own landscaping business and does very well for himself.  He shouldn't expect to get even a mop and bucket job with the government, though.

This is completely normal stuff...if you don't want the government sifting through your life you shouldn't be vying to join their ranks in a position that requires you to handle sensitive information.  Trump's history is pretty standard for a guy who can work for himself but shouldn't be allowed anywhere near even the most benign of government information.  Just my 2 cents.  But he's free too want to apply for the job, but he's got to be vetted first.  Standard procedure regardless of which political side you're on.

Yow! well said. all of it. Especially the bolded. 

That is probably the most important point at this juncture, given his scofflaw approach to the highest intel in the land and the power to mess with it on a whim. 

Fact is, if Trump weren't an ex president, he'd have been in jail last year for stealing those documents. 

Or even if there weren't a powerful RWM "working the ref" day after day for years, so the FBI is painfully slow in investigation and prosecution.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jan 6 Committee refers Trump (and others) for criminal charges - Dill - 06-19-2023, 03:42 PM