Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached
(02-06-2023, 07:02 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I want them to resign Tee. He's great football player. 
I don't like to see the team pass on giving players second contracts when we obviously hit the pick out of the park.

But can we afford to keep both Chase and Higgens, and will it weaken our oline/dline as a result?
I don't know the answer to this question, and I don't think you can go wrong by retaining an elite player in his prime.

That said, do I think we would be a better team without Tee and with a player like TJ Watt or one of the Bosas? 
Without a doubt.
I simply value that position more. It could put our defense over the top (it's already really good). 
It could also solidify our oline to get an elite tackle prospect if one is there too.

The teams that usually win it all have great olines/dlines. 

This is why I said I would accept the number 2 overall pick for Tee straight up. 
I think a top 5 pick could elevate the team more. 
But Higgens could definitely prove to be as valuable as a Bosa-type player. I'm that high on him as a wideout.

In conclusion, this is a great problem to have.
Hope to see good things this offseason from management.

How does adding a good pass rushing DE and losing Tee make us better?

You are removing an excellent player with no backup for a player that already has 2 solid players at those spots.  Who you sitting on the bench while collecting a ton of cash, Hubbard or Trey?

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - casear2727 - 02-06-2023, 09:38 PM