Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached
(02-07-2023, 09:41 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: If that’s the case I’m not trading Higgins. Case closed.

That’s where I would set the value at to teams looking to trade for him. Tee is better or equal value to a top 5 wr pick because he’s proven in the nfl.

You can never have too many pass rushers. A healthy Hendrickson on one side and Tj watt on the other would be elite as ****. It’s more valuable to have an elite pass rush than to have two elite wide receivers with a weak offensive line.

I’m not expecting a top 5 pick to be on TJ Watts level, but the batting average seems to be pretty good with top 5 picks on pass rushers.

On a side note, I believe an elite OT is more valuable than an elite wr2. If there’s one in the top 5 worth grabbing that would make sense…

Also, if a team is trading for Higgins it’s to be wr1 not wr2.

And I’m by no means suggesting we should trade higgins. I’m just stating what the parameters would be for me thinking about the trade: top 5 pick at the least.

So you truly do not understand draft value?   Tee is not remotely close to a Top 5 pick, that is beyond nonsensical.  There are 15 teams that Tee might not even be the #1 WR today.

Top 5 batting average of DE's?
Last year's draft had 3 DE's, only one had more than 4 sacks.
None were taken in the Top 5 in 2021
2020 had one player and he has 9 sacks in 3 years.
2019 had 2, one was Nick Bosa - home run, the other? Clelin Ferrill, averaged 2 sacks the last 4 years...
2018 had one edge guy, 4 sack average over the last 4 years...
2017 had one guy, averaged less than 2 sacks a year the last 6 years.

There is a reason TJ Watt is a future HOFer, those guys dont just happen every year.  And whatever guy you would get this spring and play over Sam you are sitting $10M on the bench ($30M over the next 3 years).

I just don't see it?

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - casear2727 - 02-07-2023, 11:54 PM