Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson says Burrow is the best QB in the league
(02-06-2023, 12:36 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He didnt say the Bengals would ruin Joe and Carson was absolutely correct in his assessment based upon his time in Cincy.  Brown lied to the guy and did not provide what he said he would to take the team to the next level.  This recency bias that MB was great and that Carson was simply some malcontent is comical.

Brown was the worst owner in professional sports, not the NFL, professional sports.  Articles were written about this, fans paid for planes to fly over the stadium during games with signs bashing Brown, anyone that has been a fan through the 90's and early 2000's knows this. Those of us who were fans in the late 70's and the 80's really felt the pain watching Brown not just take us backwards but humiliatingly bury us. 

Where did I say MB was great?? Not really necessary to tell me about the 90’s and early 2000’s as I had season tickets from 1995 to 2010. Pretty sure I saw it.

The fact is the Bengals DID surround Palmer with talent. He had one of the best WR duos in the league in Chad and TJ. The running game was good. The sunk money and draft picks into the offensive line. He had a TE in Jermaine Gresham who was a first round pick. Carson didn’t live up to the expectations here.

Fast forward to 2020 and he’s been gone for 10 years and he has knowledge of the inner workings of the front office when he hasn’t been there in 10 years? He had no clue. Then even after the Bengals dumped a TON of money in the free agent market for the 2021 season and made the Super Bowl, Carson was still questioning whether or not Burrow should re-sign with the Bengals after his rookie contract. It was an tired, worn out narrative he kept trying to force. Guy is a clown.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carson says Burrow is the best QB in the league - Fullrock - 02-07-2023, 04:02 PM